Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fishing for Freedom



Fishing is an addiction that many people, myself included, cannot live without. There are many reasons why millions of people around the world consider fishing to be a very important part of their lives. Not only does fishing offer a high repeat value of recreational enjoyment, but many cultures depend upon fishing for their very survival. This weeks entry focuses on the feeling of freedom that one can achieve from fishing. I for one find fishing to be a very relaxing way to forget all my troubles, if just for a little while. When I first came back from overseas while I was in the military, I was depressed. I had lost several close friends in the war, and seen countless unnecessary acts of violence. I was on the verge of a breakdown, but then a friend came to me and invited me to go fishing. I hadn't been fishing in almost two years so I was excited to go. From the time we got out on the water, my troubles began to melt away. Looking at the beautiful scenery, catching and releasing bass, and chit chatting with my friend suddenly made me feel a since of freedom I hadn't felt in four years. When you head out there to go fishing, find your inner peace, calm your thoughts, and just have fun, all while lowering your blood pressure. Next weeks blog I will discuss different styles of fishing and the cost and rewards associated with them. Some of the techniques will be for beginners, while some will be for the more advanced. So stay tuned to find out which style is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment